Monday, December 8, 2008

Online Money Management Sites Compared - Mint, Quicken, Wesabe and Geezeo




I have previously commented on my opinions about Mint, Quicken, and Wesabe. Since then I have tried Geezeo. Above is a table showing the functionality of each service. Click on the image to bring up a bigger, easy to read version. I have listed the features in order of importance to me. As they say, your mileage may vary depending on what you are looking for.

Currently Geezeo has limited functionality as far as graphically showing you how you are doing. They do have a method of getting any account added since they support both an automatic and a manual entry method. They also have community that helps support its users through discussions and common goal sharing. The one annoyance I had with the website is the abundance of adds. I understand they are trying to help pay for the free service but it overwhelms the usefulness.

All in all, I'm still using Wesabe for my money management. It gives me what I want in easy to read graphs and a powerful tagging and reporting capability.