Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wesabe has a new feature - Spending Targets


Wesabe has added a new feature that I really like. It's called Spending Targets. You can pick up to 5 categories/tags to monitor. After you pick these tags you then put in a target amount that you want to spend or budget for the month. It then shows you how you are doing as the month progresses. I use this to keep track of some of the more variable expenses we have each month like clothing or other non-essential expenses. As I have said in earlier posts I pay all my fixed expenses like utilities from a separate checking account and fund that with direct deposit. I then pay all my variable expenses out of another account. I then just watch my spending on these items to determine whether I will spend less than I make. This is the key! To spend less than you make.

Click here to see my online money management site comparisons