Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Dollar Plan Website

My Dollar Plan is my favorite site for learning ways to save, make, and conserve money. Madison DuPaix made a calculated move to quit her job. It was a bold move but has worked out well for her. Read her story and you'll see that this was a well thought out plan. She is a real numbers person. She has some very ingenious ways to stretch a buck. One thing she does that is not conventional, but effective, is what she calls credit card arbitrage. She looks for credit cards that offer free interest for credit transfers and new purchases. She then puts the money she would have spent in an interest bearing account and pockets the interest. She has a intricate method of tracking all these credit cards and keeps moving them so she never has to pay interest. You need to read her plan to even consider it. Miss one transfer date and you'll pay more in interest to the credit card company than you will make in a savings account. She covers just about any topic from Insurance to IRA's to college savings. I have her on my daily read list. I never miss a post. I have picked up several items that she has written about to save me money or look for a better deal.